There comes a time when every littlie wants to ‘cook something all by themselves’.
It’s almost a rite of passage that parents either welcome as a bonding experience and a chance to teach; or dread, because of the mess, danger or time/effort involved.
So it’s mighty handy to have a recipe at hand that doesn’t need an oven, cooktop or sharp knives, is easily supervised, and is a treat in school lunch box or as a healthy snack.
Here’s such a beast:
12 Marie biscuits
½ cup muesli
2 tbsp wheat bran
1 tsp powdered flax seeds
½ cup smooth peanut butter
A few drops of vanilla essence
2 tbsps chocolate chips
1. Place broken up biscuits in a large sandwich bag and crush fine.
2. Add muesli, wheat bran, flax seeds, peanut butter and chocolate chips. Mix well.
3. Knead mixture well into a dough using your hands.
4. Divide the mixture into 10 equal portions and roll out each into a ball
5. Flatten each ball between your palms to form a thick disc
6. Roll the prepared cookies evenly in desiccated coconut
7. Store in an air-tight container
Happy kid, happy parent, happy munching…